Riverside Line Cook Job Description
Summary of position: Great job for someone who loves to golf!
Looking for professional line cooks to accurately prepare stations and cook on the line to the Head Chefs exact specifications. Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all hot menu item plates. Assists Chef with food preparation for large events.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains a Guest focus while performing duties
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Graciously and quickly fulfill any guest request possible
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality or shortage problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, recipes, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning. battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores, labels, and rotates all products properly and in accordance to applicable state laws.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef
- Must have a positive attitude and work well with other team members
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 10 hours).
- Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced kitchen environment’
- One to two years of proven experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Certificate in Culinary Arts preferred